Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Weigh-In Wednesdays

Ugh, all I can think about is eating. All I want to do is eat, and when I close my eyes, you guessed it....I see food! This is the one side effect of prednisone that I could do without. Done get me wrong, now that my stomach doesnt hurt so much Im actually enjoying food again. Too much food! So much that Im eating myself into a coma and coming out of it with awful indigestion.

Since weight is a problem with most crohn's patients, I figured I'd tract my status. Here is a little background:

December '11 - 167 lbs
March '12 - 152 lbs
July '12 - 145 lbs
Sept '12 - 133 lbs

If people didnt know I was sick I'd be having great success on a diet. But the truth is, I ate whatever the hell I wanted for the past year and dropped over 30 pounds without trying. Maybe I should have listened to my body a few months ago but truthfully, I enjoyed dropping the pounds.

The September weight, 133, was taken before I started prednisone. 5 days later I am already up to 138. 5 lbs in 5 days....thats crazy! I know that one of the side effects is water retention so atleast its not all fat but still, at this rate I will be right back where I was a year ago and back to weight watchers soon after=(

1 comment:

  1. this is an "oh so familiar" battle that Brian (and I being his other half) understand so well. Always thinking of you ...and sending you *love & positive energy*

    ReplyDelete