Friday, September 7, 2012

Prednisone....the devils drug of choice!

My BFF and fellow Crohnie has talked me into blogging about my upcoming battle with taking prednisone again. Here it goes!

As most of you know, I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease in March 2009. The first drug my Dr. put me on was prednisone and I have been on it 2 of the last 3 years. For those who don't know what it is(don't worry, I didn't either!), it is used to decrease your immune system's response to various diseases to reduce symptoms such as swelling and allergic-type reactions. The upside is that it works really well and very quickly. The down side is, well, I'll post a few pics. Aside from it tasting awful, it causes hair loss, excess sweating, insomnia(really bad), weight gain, and my absolute favorite....moon-face!




This is how your typical prednisone user looks....food in hand with a basketball for a head=)

No comments:

Post a Comment